Color/Glitter Blocking with a Blade
Happy Friday!!!! Today’s tutorial is how I achieved the glitter/color blocking with acrylic. I use a blade you can get from your local crafts store life Hobby Lobby, Michaels, JoAnns, etc.
Three key 🔑 things to remember when acrylic blocking:
- The end of each bead should be thicker (this is going to help with the sharp cuts and keeping each color separated
- Wait until the acrylic is Matte/Dry to make your cut
- Utilize and Emery Board or regular Nail File to sharpen the cut once it is dry before you place the next color
- Clear Nail Tips
- Cuddle Me #12 by Secret Nail Affair
- Corazon by Secret Nail Affair
- Speed Clear by Young Nails
- Marie Nailz 100/100 Nail Files
- Kiara Sky Acrylic Nail Brush
- Kiara Sky Medium Cardbide Nail Bit (my 5-in-1 was dirty ): but a barrel bit works just as great(:!
- FISKARS art blade (WARNING!! ⚠️ This blade is sharp, so make sure to practice on your self or a mannequin before a clients) Keep a light hand when pressing to make the color block.